Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dont be afraid of Him, Be still.

Somedays you realize you're just dumb.

Sometimes we spend so much time worrying about where we could be, where were going, what's the next adventure and we look up and have no idea where we are. We're missing out on life.

Today I had one of those days.

I had the pleasure of spending a lazy afternoon with my lovely friend Bethany. Who is one of my favorite humans to be around, so full of life, so creative, she doesn't even know how inspiring she is. In one word - joy.

Anyway, we started talking about how even when we figure something out about life, instead of enjoying it, we're so quick to try and get to whatever life has next. We're never content.

We talked about how terrible especially this is to God, who has given so much and still we are never happy. Always searching. Always moving. As if His plan is not good enough or worth waiting for. Instead of learning what God has for us in this time and moment or how we can grow and be stretched and be full without needing more. This my friends is how life should be lived. Without want. So I decided I going to bask in what God has for me today.

I am going to be still.

I pray you all will look up and see where you are. And enjoy the beauty God has laid before you.

hope your saturday evening is lovely.

j







No comments:

Post a Comment