Tuesday, March 30, 2010

You gotta be kind to yourself.

You know what I secretly love about birthdays?
The fact that even though its really only one day, it ends up lasting for about a month. People who didn't see you wishing you a happy belated. Friends who couldn't make it stop over to give you your gift. And cards that trickle in through the mail.

I love that.

So anyway, I had coffee with dear soul this evening. Joy, thats her name and thats exactly what I felt when I left. It was a very lovely time, so honest and real. I think what I really loved about this time tonight is I felt room for growth. I didn't feel that insta-friend, as though we knew each other for years, O.M.G kind of thing. haha! But I a felt a connection with a beautiful soul I am excited to learn more about, and learn things from. Yay friends.

Well this gifted girl is many things, and one of those things is a crafter, like me! :)
She slides me this brown cardboard-esc box with a lovely green ribbon tied around it, she says its a birthday gift for me and my face immediately lit up.
I carefully untied the ribbon and opened it up, inside was a beautiful antique trinket box and a necklace she had made. Amazing. Well of course, I had to share these things with you.



I know just darling, right?

make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other is gold.

-j

No comments:

Post a Comment