Monday, April 12, 2010

Yes, I'm glad to see you.

Has anyone ever been a bike rider?

Not just owning a bike, but having a passion for being on it?

I have. I LOVE my bike.
No seriously there's something about bike riding that just grounds me. It makes me feel so connected with myself. Last summer, I woke up at 5am every morning just to have a good 45 minutes alone with my bike before work. The quiet and stillness of the morning just always was such an amazing way to start my day.

I ride a vintage schwinn world tourist, with a basket on the front. It has my heart.

I've been dying for sunny days to come so I could ride, but for some reason even though they came my poor bike just sat there, staring at me.

I accidentally left it out in the rain a few days ago and felt really bad. Today I came home from work and just really wanted to be outside. I had to run to the grocery store and pharmacy to pick a few things up. I decided to take my bike.

Thats all I needed. One good ride. And I fell in love all over again.



Ugh. seriously. just pure joy.
All these images are taken by Bethany Joy. An amazing photographer and friend, you can check out her work here.

Hope your week started as lovely as mine!

xoxo -j

No comments:

Post a Comment