Monday, May 24, 2010

Let the wild rumpus start.

My preschoolers own my heart.

I love to be crafty, and I love to combine my childlike life with my crafts.

Reading stories to my kids is one of my favorite things. I love to become other characters and use silly voices so I can totally capture them into the story.

I am also a huge re-reader. We have a special self of Miss Jess books, our favorites, that I have read so many times my kids know word for word. I love to hear them recite the books, using the same expressions, add libs, tones and pauses I use when I read.

One of my childhood favorites was Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak, quickly became one of our beloved.

I love interacting stories where the kids can feel apart of what's happening so I made these little puppet/doll Max's for my kids...

I made these little cuties out of toilet paper tubes. No glue even needed. Just paint. Then I looked through the book and with a sharpie (my must have) drew different Max facial expressions.
They acted out the entire story. I loved every minute of it.

Happy Monday,
j

No comments:

Post a Comment