Monday, July 5, 2010


I'm going to be very honest, when I first saw this I cried. I tucked it away in my "inspiration folder" and came across it this this morning, and cried again.
Salinger is brilliant.
For many reasons but this quote is one of them.
Things have been happening. Things that break my heart and cause me to lose hope. Things in my own life, and the lives of some of my most loved friends. And it wares me out.
If you ask many people one thing about Jess Allyn they would probably tell you, somewhere in the top three things, she loves love.
This is true. But sometimes people hurt people and I lose sight of this.
But its so weird that in reading this quote, nine words, I am completely reminded of truth.
Salinger doesn't say all men, heck he doesn't even say most, or many, he says few.
Few men still love desperately.
I believe this with my whole heart. I believe this to be true. I believe that even in a era of divorce and decay of marriages and relationships. Some men still know what love really means.
And I am so thankful to have found one of those men.
But you say, it wont last, oh it hasn't been that long, he'll leave you, you'll fight, blah blah.
And you can continue to speak death on what we have. And ya know what, you may be right someday, because no one is certain of the future. BUT- it doesn't disregard the fact that he has loved me well, for nine whole months and thats more than many can say.

So to you my dear, for nine months, of growing, learning, teaching, challenging, and loving. I'm so thankful for you.

Love wins, I'll always believe it.
You can't make a cynic out of me.

xoj

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS. you guys are so stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried too!!! I'm so glad you've got one ;)

    ReplyDelete