Monday, September 27, 2010

Little green bird hits the street.

So, after months of stress, worry, sewing, and obsessing over detail, it finally happened.
This weekend was Hearts and Crafts and let me just tell you...
amazing.
It was such a beautiful opportunity and experience. With some of the most talented people in the 585 making lovely handmades for people to enjoy.
I'm not gonna lie, my table looked rocking. Big thank you to Joy, staying up till 2 AM the night before making finishing touches on stuff and setting up a "mock" table in my living room. She knew I would be way too stressed and nervous in the morning to even think straight.
She was right. Freaking out from the moment my feet hit the pavement outside my car, its intimidating to see everyone else's beautiful stuff and great table layouts. But you just have to be confidant people will appreciate what you have done.

And they did. Whether they bought stuff from me or not, I dont think one person came to my table without smiling or saying something really sweet. It was so uplifting. Just to have interest or to get paid for something you have loved doing ever since you were a child. It was just such a wonderful feeling.
Some personal highlights..
I brought this awesome mirror that I found at a flea market and I loved seeing people put on some of my stuff and fall in love. Some girl asked me if it will be weird to see people walking around Rochester with my stuff on, I said it will be such a compliment.
I didn't want it all to be about making money, I wanted it to be about fun. So I made little mustaches on sticks to give away for free. It was WONDERFUL. People loved them and so many people came by just to get them, so many laughs. It was awesome to look up and down the street and even in Javas, with so many people playing with them and enjoying. So fun.
I had this old phone phone on my table we kept pretending to answer and talk on, and one of my customers walked by and did it too, so funny.
When I sold one of my little girl dolls, the man said "she's going to texas and will be greatly loved", some people just get it.
But one of my very favorite parts was all my friends who came down to support. (Seriously guys, I love you.) And just hearing them say how proud they were of me made my heart so happy. Jonny even brought me some "rock soup" which was perfect for the chilly day:)
It was the perfect first craft show experience. Everyone was so warm and happy. So many warm drinks, laughter, and crafts all day long. I sold SO much stuff, and just had a really magical time.
Big thank you to Lisa Barker for all her hard work to make such a neat thing happen in Rochester.
Thanks again to Joy for snapping a few pictures for me. Wish I would have taken more with everyone but my head was totally not there. haha
Ill try and post some close ups of some of my goodies later. Thanks for following on this adventure with me, totally cant wait until the next one.
Any of my extras I think I'll try to put up on etsy this week. I had amazing business cards Jonny had made me so I know people will be checking in on that:)
Really grateful to everyone who helped with anything, set up, cut stuff out, my sanity, making me actually leave my house for a break, bringing me coffee, business cards, or just for support, love you guys dearly.

all for now,
green bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment