Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy songs for happy people.

It is beautiful out today!
It is one of those days I could drive around with my windows down and my music loud. I could let the cool breeze fill my car and the leaves fall in through my sunroof. It would make me very happy.
I made brief mention yesterday about a new journal I got! I am very excited about it.
A few months ago a friend of mine gave me this journal..
She told me to fill it with whatever is in my head. So I have been, so much so that its already full. I have not been wanting it to come to an end; I carry it with me everyday, everywhere. As soon as something pops in my head whether it be something I observe, a lyric I hear, a craft idea, a thought I have, I capture it and keep it here.
It has been wonderful to log my very full brain and be able to look back on those thoughts.
Unlike any other journal I have ever used, this one was filled with graph paper. I didn't know how to feel about it, but by the end I fell in love and it was essential my new journal had it too.
I found this one..
I am in love again. I am so happy I found one a little bigger so I can really use the space. I have been vigorously logging since I got it, I am beyond inspired.
Also my absolute favorite journaling utensil of choice is Sharpie pens.
When they came out with these there was only black and I would go through them so fast. Now they come in a whole assortment of colors and they just make me giddy.

Are you ready for my secret goal? I am going to learn guitar.
Or I guess relearn what I had started. I actually could somewhat play at one point. Ya know, when I lived at the Babiuk house of music genius. I practiced daily, and my Babiuk loves were always super patient with me. They also had about 30 guitars I could choose from to play.
Now I am home, guitarless and missing some music sort realease. I don't want to play for anyone else but me. Just because it calms me down, like the cello used to. I didnt care if anyone ever heard me, it just helped my soul.
Where I nanny in the morning they have a few guitars but I don't think anyone ever plays them much. But when I ran my fingers across the strings today, a miracle, it was in tune!
After the kids went to school I brought it out on the porch and played some chords and the only Shins song I could remember. Over and over again. It was a very nice time for me:)

So there you have it, a look into my secret brain.

I hope you all will challenge yourself. Make a goal, despite what anyone may think, and work for it. Being inspired is truly a gift, take advantage of it.

xo bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment