Thursday, November 11, 2010

I want to live a simple life.

Wow.
Sometimes I live my life so in the fast lane, I compeletly forget how simply I find joy.
Or I think more importantly the very small things that bring me such joy.
Waking up at 5am everyday isn't so bad, and I truly love nannying. But today I got to sleep in because the kids had the day off of school. I got up and turned on the coffee pot (as I do every morning) and couldn't help but smile.
A mug, I was going to get to drink my coffee from a mug.
I was not going to be in a rush and I was not going to need a to-go cup. I was going to sit down and watch Boy Meets World and drink my coffee over a half hour period of time.
Let me tell you it was wonderful! It felt so refreshing to start my day this way.
I enjoyed a cup and a half of coffee, drew up two new sketches and then preceded to get ready.

Oh the little things.
I also wanted to share a "little thing" I found in NYC that made me super giddy.
We were in a little book store that was WONDERFUL. It had not only great books, but a bunch of little odds and ends.
I found these lovely vintage paper dolls clothes and just HAD to have them. They were so cute and I couldn't bare to leave them behind. The owner gave me the whole bag for 4 dollars. I couldn't even believe it.
I cannot wait to them in my craftings.

I really hope you find beauty, blessing, and joy in something very simple today. Don't overlook life, it is passing us by.

"The sun is up, the sky is blue, its beautiful and so are you."

xoxo j

No comments:

Post a Comment