Monday, December 27, 2010

Its a beautiful thing when you love somebody.

I AM FREAKING OUT!
I have been dying to share this with you all forever now but I had to wait until post christmas.

So my boyfriend, you know the tall tree resembling one? Well, he is absolutely the most impossible person to gift for. Simply because he wants nothing but would be happy with anything. For instance if I brought him a stick from my backyard with a bow on it he would find it to be the most thoughtful thing and save it forevermore.
This is both one of the very reasons I love him and one of the very reasons he is so difficult.

Then one day it came to me.

A friend of his who graduated from Houghton, the very lovely Miss Elizabeth Jancewicz, does some of the most beautiful work I have seen to date. You know when you're looking at something that someone has produced and you cant believe you are actually lucky enough to say you know that person? Ya its pretty awesome.
Here are a few of my favorites..

Anyway I approached her and asked if she wouldn't mind doing a portrait of Greg and I. I knew it would be something he treasured, he loves her work very much. She happily accepted and told me her magical brian started moving right away. I gave her no guidelines I really wanted her to have freedom.

I met up with her in Rochester and she handed me the package. I sat down and opened it and my eyes immediately filled with tears. I was speechless. I know that may be hard to believe but it true, I had no words to express not only how beautiful it was, but how thankful I was to her.
Ya, I know. That's us. It is us in every way.

A big big biggggg thank you to you, Elizabeth, you totally captured our souls. Sending love hugs and thankfulness your way.
And to everyone else please check out her page and enjoy all the beauty.

Greg and I just sat and stared at it for hours. So perfect.
Elizabeth asked me if I would be interested in doing an art trade which I have never done before. So in turn for this beautiful work I am making aisle chair hangings for her upcoming wedding. I cant wait to share my sketchbook and prototypes for this! SO excited.

Hope you all had a lovely holiday!
xoxo, j

No comments:

Post a Comment