Saturday, January 15, 2011

Five Favorites.

This is going to be a new weekly thing I add to the blog. (fingers crossed)
It will typically be posted on friday, because I love alliteration :)
But I thought it would be fun to share during my blog party! whoo hoo!

Heres the scoop:
What-
A post of five things I am really loving from Etsy that week.
They might be things I would never be able to afford, or things I just think or pretty, or things from my own personal wish list. Just five things that caught my eye.

Why-
Because I love handmade and try to support it. I am constantly creating and know how honored I am when someone wants to support me buy purchasing something I have made. I want to give that back. Any gifts I cannot make myself, I generally go to Etsy for.
ps. If you do not know what Etsy is I highly suggest you take a look for yourself. A wonderful community for crafters, artists, and vintage lovers alike.

Who-
Me of course, the bird!

When-
Every Friday! meet me here!

So here it is, Friday's Five Favorites (on Saturday)

This adorable vintage side bag, ugh, drooling.

These vinyl wall decals are so perfect. I have been trying to decide on a set for years but people just keep coming out with too many new cute ones!

I would cry to own this ring.

Would love this calendar hanging in my space.

And lastly, this little fox broach just totally stole my heart! (and boyfriends!)

Yay! I hope I can really stick with this new segment! It will be so fun! I hope the extra time on Etsy won't lead me to extra shopping hehe! :)

xoxo jess

4 comments:

  1. if you like that turquoise ring, check out Fred Harvey's work from the 30s and 40s. My grandmother had 3 of these cuffs. Saleswomen would sell these at train stations to disembarking women. ;-)

    http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_query=harvey+turquoise&search_type=vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. bird, i love the idea of posting every friday about your 5 favorites on etsy. genius idea!
    -button

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth JancewiczFebruary 2, 2011 at 4:47 PM

    A friend of mine saw those same tree decals and then asked me to paint her very own trees and birds onto her walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when greg and I get a house someday it is possible i will ask you to do the same:)

    ReplyDelete