Tuesday, February 8, 2011

DIY: Valentine Wall Hanging

Happy Tuesday!
Today I have a super cute DIY project for you!

Awhile ago, I found these pretty colored strings at a thrift store.

Then the other day when I was snowshoeing I was looking at the bare branches and really wanted to do something with them.
I also have been cleaning up post Hearts and Crafts mess and notice I have tons of scrap felt.
Then it hit me, a craft was born.

For this craft you will need:
-Pretty colored string or yarn
-felt scraps
-sticks
-hot glue gun
-hot glue sticks
-scissors
-cardstock

1. First clean up your sticks any small twigs be sure to pull off.
2. Start wrapping your string it can be as wide as you like. When I switched colors I continued wrapping over it so there would only be one dot of hot glue.
3. I cut out the arrow (both sides!) and glued them to the end of the stick.
4. I cut "feathers", then hot glued them standing straight up.
5. I continued this is various colors and sizes. I was sooo happy with the way they turned out. But I wanted to do something a little more with them.
6. I took a large stick I had collected and attached a string to either end.
7. Then I attached the arrows with strings
8. Lastly, I cut hearts out of cardstock and attached them with strings.
The cutest nature valentine mobile the world has ever seen:)

And not even too much of a mess!


Yay for crafting! Hope you all enjoyed this super sweet little Valentine craft. I have another I hope to post last this week!

xo jess

1 comment: