Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Earth is Yours.

This weekend I got to spend some time outside at the lilac festival this weekend.
It was so warm so obviously the festival was over crowded because of the hibernating Rochesterians came out of their dens. But no matter the horrible traffic or crowds of people it did not keep the lilacs from smelling extraordinary or looking lovely.
Seriously, lilac sent in intoxicating.
Also I keep mentioning my new glasses but keep neglecting to show them to you..
Even though I had a horrible time getting these glasses. When I finally went to pick the right prescription the lady was wonderful. I mentioned to her that I sew and she couldn't believe it. Then Maria (who may as well be my spokesperson) went on to tell her of all the things I make and proceeded to tell her where to find my handmades and such. I swear I was blushing the whole time. Then the sales lady asked me what if that was my full time job, I said no, I also taught pre-k. All she could say is "wow, you're such a free spirit." I just smiled, Maria added, "yup, she's a bird" and I felt content that someone could say that within 5 minutes of meeting me.

My night was happily spent finishing up some sewing (to be shared tomorrow) and watching Walk the Line, which is one of my all time favorites. I most definitely love simple evenings.
Much to do this coming week, four days until I get to runaway.
xoxo j


1 comment:

  1. love your new glasses! [walk the line is one of my favorite movies toooooo!]

    ReplyDelete