Sunday, August 7, 2011

DIY: Milk Maid Braids

So yesterday was yet another beautiful wedding, I cannot wait to share pictures of all these beautiful events with you. I swear someday I will catch up!
But for now I have a fun little how to for you! One of my very favorite summer hairstyles is milk maid braids, not only are they so nice with the heat but they are also super simple.
Last week my cousin Becca Boo stayed over a few nights, she pretty much the best hair ever.
I asked if she would be my little blog model, she agreed:)
Basically all you need is a comb, lots of bobby pins, and hairspray if you want it.
first, part the hair down the middle.
next, braid each side.
after that, just wrap the braid around the top of your head and bobby pin them to death.
(you can also hair spray it at this point if you'd like but I know some people are not so fond that)
Becca's hair was awesome to do because it is so long that it made more of a braided crown then milk maid braids, which looked beautifulll on her.
Yippie for my pretty baby cousin! I always love our time together!
more later, xo
j

ps. Sally if you read this you should know that Greg continually refers to these as the "Sally Murphy Braids" :)

1 comment:

  1. love it! my cousin tried doing that in my hair the other day. sadly my hair is just a little too short for it to stay in tight. great tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete