Thursday, October 27, 2011

she may be young but she only likes old things.

Well life has been a whirlwind to say the least.
Monday was Greg's birthday! And I was so excited ready to give him the absolute best birthday ever.


I had a list of surprises I did not share with him until that morning.
But let me tell you I was the one who ended up getting surprised because on our walk this happened....
Yup. I'm engaged.
I had absolutely no idea. If you know me you know when I get nervous I tend to just talk more to try and ease my awkwardness so as soon as he got on his knee I started panicing coninually saying, "is this real?", "is this real?". Greg then said "babe, you have to let me talk". So I shut up and he said, "I know you had all these things planned for my birthday but all I really want is to be with you for the rest of my life." (I started crying) and then he said "Jess, I'm keeping you forever." Then we both cried a lot. Even his accomplice, my good friend Bethany, was crying while she shot all these beautiful pictures.

If you noticed the last thing on the list was to go out to dinner which I had obviously planned to be a birthday dinner, but happily turned into a mini engagement dinner. It was pure bliss to be holding the hand of my future husband and recounting the day with some of our favorite people.
(really I am so thankful you all were there to share this with us)

I am now in the process of planning a magical day which will be the start of a new adventure with my best friend. I hope you are ready for my journey into a very handmade wedding, I am really excited to share this whole process with you.
Love wins, I've always believed it,
xo j

4 comments:

  1. you two are very lucky!!!!! congrats to you both!
    i love it!
    carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. love, love, love it. so glad to read the way the words went with the amazing engagement picture. priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! so exciting! congratulations you two!!
    can't wait to see your creative wedding planning come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I've only met you a couple times at craft shows, but I have to say I teared up when I read your engagement story! It's beautiful! (it must be engagement season!...my brother asked his girlfriend to marry him on the 20th) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete