Thursday, February 9, 2012

DIY: Loose Leaf Tea Bags

Good evening! Hope wherever you were today was as sunny as my hometown!
The sunshine always helps me to stay really productive and upbeat, I think my day was a total success.
Anyway, as promised here is some more Valentine DIY fun! This little gift will be sure to remind your loved ones how much they warm your heart:)

I love tea! I drink far too much of it and I love trying new flavors especially if recommended by friends! Here is a great way to share some your favorites with you friends.
1.loose leaf tea 2. coffee filters 3. stapler 4. string/yarn
5. measuring spoon 6. scissors 7. scrap paper
1. take your coffee filter and cut off the sides so it is more rectangular
2. add your tea. I used about a teaspoon but you can add more or less depending on how strong you like your tea.
3. folding. this is the hardest part to show. you need to fold it over twice if that makes any sense. the result should be what is in the picture, if you only fold it once the tea will slip out when you add the water.
4. now fold the coffee filter in half with the seam facing in. fold your triangle down (you may need to cut a little extra off the top) add your string and staple.
5. cut your heart out and staple to the other end of your string.
6. enjoy! The tea bags will be slightly smaller than average ones, dont worry they will work the same:) Repeat with other flavors and make all your friends little tea samplers for Valentines Day! Yippie!
You can pick up a tea cup at any of your local thrift stores to really complete the gift.
Enjoy a warm drink with someone you cherish as you celebrate love this Valentines Day.
more tomorrow,
xo j

5 comments:

  1. You couldn't have picked a better time to do this!
    I'm doing a tea party themed shower for my sister. This is PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and easy to do! I made a couple bags using this and they were adorable and since I'm new to loose leaf, I didn't buy a tea steeper (those are pricy around here) so this was the perfect alternative.

    Thanks to Google for sending me straight to your pretty little blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words! and thanks so much for visiting:)

      Delete
  3. I love this so much! Thank you for sharing your adorable craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!♥
    I try to make it but I don't understand the third step. It's really difficult. :)
    Could you help me?

    Thanks. ♥

    ReplyDelete