Sunday, April 22, 2012

Le Wedding//Save the Date

Here it is, the very first official piece of mail we sent out. With the very real date on it in which I will become a married lady. EK EK!
I love the entire outcome. As long as I can remember I wanted to use this quote from one of my favorite childhood stories. It was an idea I drew up that Greg revamped and made real. That my beautiful friends sat around a table all night to help me create.
Do not be fooled. This is scanned in, we sat and hand stamped those banners with stamps I cut out on erasers, cut out the pictures to size ourselves and adhered them with a variety of pretty tapes.
And as time consuming as it may seem to most those are the reasons I am a DIY Bride. Not only do I stand by and live a handmade lifestyle because its what I love, but the memories made when you are all together are something I will take away from this wedding process more than anything. The boys basically going blind from trying to cut perfect lines, Lizzie getting tape happy with the pretty tapes, and Maria and I finishing all the stamping while watching The Babysitters Club.

It was a lovely day when Greg and I finished addressing and sealing all the envelopes so he strapped on a backpack and we rode our bikes up to the post office. We got in line behind the cars and when it was our turn I gleefully unzipped his pack and put all the envelopes into the drop boxes. We couldn't stop smiling on  the ride home because it was feeling real. We were really getting married in a few months and all these lovely people were really coming to be apart of it.

Here is to the next few months and all that they will bring.
Happy Sunday,
xo j

1 comment:

  1. ah congratulations lady! it really does feel so good to get them out, like now it's official. now it's really happening. plus i love how yours turned out! they're adorable.

    ReplyDelete