Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Please don't go. We'll eat you up. We love you so.

Sometimes we have to share sad things too.
I wanted to pay a very small tribute to a very great man.
This morning children's author Maurice Sendak has passed and I feel it only fitting to contribute to small piece of my love and appreciation. 
If you are wondering who he is, I may want to call you a fool, but instead I will just share with you some of the things he created in his lifetime. 

"I like interesting people and kids are really interesting people"
Obviously we should have been friends.
Most widely he is known for writing the classic Where The Wild Things Are, his books were some of my very favorites growing up and even his illustrations in other books are still some of my favorite to date. His reoccurring character and styling has influenced and inspired both my doodle filled journals and my paintings and even my save the dates for goodness sake!










He believed in being real with children. He believed in storytelling. He believed in the things that lived deep within our imagination and dreams. 
Thank you for bringing both beautiful and dark, true and imaginary, and leaving the world with a little bit of your magic. 
xo j

You can find these and many more of his books on Amazon.
“You cannot write for children. They're much too complicated. You can only write books that are of interest to them. ” 


No comments:

Post a Comment