Friday, June 15, 2012

Le Wedding// DIY:Floral Crown

 Happy Friday Everyone!
So remember last summer when I made this..
Well I had promised to give a DIY on how to make one of your own but never did, oopps.
But better now anyway because it totally fits in the Le Wedding series:) Ready to reveal your inner flower child?
I think, yes!
This happened to work out perfectly seeing that I was making a new one for my bridal shower this coming weekend. I think these could work on so many occasions. Lets be honest I wear my in everyday life, but flower girls, bridesmaids or even a simple one for a bride would be lovely!
1. floral wire 2. hot glue gun 3. ribbon 4. silk flowers 5. scissors
1. cut a few strands of wire the length of your head from one ear to the other. The number of stands you use will influence the thickness of our "band". I used three which is a good number to make 
2. super easy step, just take the wires and twist them together. Once they are intertwined it will be much easier to continue.
3. start with a big glob of hot glue on the end of your wire, begin twisting your ribbon around. As you move around the headband work in sections. If you put the glue too far ahead it will harden before you get the ribbon wrapped. also note: before you start make sure there is enough extra ribbon hanging for you to tie around your head. 
4. this is the fun part. Start arranging your flowers on your headband. You will nee big globs of glue to make the secure. This part is all preference, how full you want your crown to look is completely up to you. 
This part takes the most time. Be slow. You have to really hold things in place for them to stick. It might not look the way you want right away, be patient in building it up. Just to put your mind at ease the inside of your crown will look like a mess the ends of flowers and hot glue globs, don't worry, it will be on your head no one will see.

 5. Enjoy! when you finish your flowers you're ready to go. This little crown is sure to make any girl feel extra fancy.
                         
Oh how being a little hippie runs deep within my veins.
I hope you absolutely love making these and find so much joy in wearing them, they always make me smile.
Right now I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my love and dear friends. eeeeeeeeeee 
 xoxo j

No comments:

Post a Comment