Thursday, September 27, 2012

a weekend away.

This weekend we went away to see my dear brother and his *almost* wifey! (next month, eee!)
Not only was it a wonderful time away for us but it was even sort of a life dream fulfilled.
My brother and I are really close in age which in turn made us extremely bonded. He is one of my best friends on this planet and I have always been so thankful for his role in my existence.
We have always had big dreams about meeting people each other liked and being sure our significant others would get along because we were going to camp, vacation, dine, have holidays, and raise our kids together. (Whether they were okay with it or not! hehe)
Through it all I don't know if I could have ever even have dreamed how perfect it would really turn out. My brother finally has a brother and I am gaining a sister I really consider one of my best friends.
And I sat in their apartment watching the boys play video games, my sister in law make dinner, and drinking a really delicious cocktail, I couldn't have felt more blessed and grateful. I am so excited for this next phase of life. I cannot believe things I have talked about for years and years are becoming reality.
So happy for this growing family and many years of memories to be made ahead of us.
Happy almost weekend!
xo j

2 comments:

  1. that sounds so so perfect. and yes to raising your kids together, whether they like it or not! Jake and Jess and I are gonna do the same thing :)

    ReplyDelete