Saturday, November 3, 2012

DIY: Thankful Tree

Well, were home from the deep south and my brother now has a wife, *sigh*.
And I couldn't believe with our return came the first of November.
This happens to be one of my favorite months. The further and further we get into autumn and the leading up to winter always just makes me the happiest. There's just something about this time each year that makes my insides warm and makes me oh so thankful. Its possibly the nearing end of the year which makes me reflect and recollect all my memories of the past eleven months. All the joy, all the overcoming, and all that we have endured.
Thats why in November I like to make a Thankfulness Tree.
It can be something small like having hot coffee each morning or big like having a committed spouse.
Either way its something new for each day in the month of November that leaves you blessed.
I did this last year with my nanny kids and this year I thought I would share it with all of you.
Super simple and good for the soul, it will help leave even your worst days better because you are focusing on gratitude.

You will need:
1. pretty paper 2. branches 3. mason jar 4. yarn 5. hole punch 6. pen
1. Cut out your leaves and punch the holes (I promise you do them ALL ahead of time, if you think you'll have time cut one everyday you probably wont)
2. Hole punch the bottom of each leaf, thread yarn and tie
3. Put all your branches in a mason jar 
4. Start writing your thanks! We left our extra leaves and a pen near our tree so we remember to do it each day.


At the end of the month you will have a beautiful tree, full of love and blessings and an appreciation of both. I hope you challenge yourself this month, be happy, be thankful.

xoxo j



1 comment:

  1. such a cute idea. and I love your table! Did Greg make that?

    ReplyDelete